Sunday, August 18, 2013

Field Experience Reflection

Field Experience Reflection:
                I taught a lesson in May to a third grade class.  I taught a lesson on Shades of Meaning that integrated reading and writing.  The students were writing concrete poems and we read the book Love that Dog by Sharon Creech.  I used mini-laptops for each of the students so they could access on online thesaurus to find strong synonyms to substitute for some weaker words when writing their poems. 
                I observed in a fourth grade classroom.  The teacher was conducting a whole group reading lesson using the book Donovan’s Word Jar.  The students each had a copy.  The teacher was doing an excellent job of using the book to teach vocabulary. 
                I also observed in a fifth grade classroom.  This teacher was integrating Social Studies and reading.  The students were reading a text about Abraham Lincoln and participating in a group discussion.  The students were leading the discussion.  This teacher had fabulous classroom management and a very student-centered classroom.

                Overall, it was a great experience to observe these other teachers.  I always come back to my own classroom with tons of ideas after watching another teacher for a few hours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment